Visiting Wicklow – Wicklow Hotel Breaks
Wicklow Hotel Breaks – The Grand Hotel WIcklow, located in Wicklow Town is a great base from which to explore all that Wicklow has to offer, whether it is activity breaks, exploring the mountains, lakes and stunning beaches, or visiting some of the amazing visitor attractions – such a Powerscourt Estate, Mount Usher and Russborough House. – – Avoca Tours run tours of Wicklow from Enniskerry everyday from 10.00am. You will need to drive to Enniskerry from the hotel to avail of this tour. The drive takes approx 15mins.
– The Wicklow’s Historic Gaol – well worth a visit. Reputed to be one of the most haunted buildings in Wicklow! The interactive visit transports you back in time and brings to life the history of the Gaol tour availble from 10.30am till 430pm.
– Go Sea Fishing with Wicklow Boat Charters experienced angler/skipper, catch Dogfish, Ray, Bullhuss, Tope, Smooth-Hound, whiting, mackerel and many more species. Suitable for everyone from beginners to avid anglers, tea/coffee & toilet facilities onboard. (Rod hire and bait available on request)
– Wicklow Stunt Driving, an experience where group’s have a day with stunt drivers from The Vikings and other well know programme’s. A full 3 hour day giving you an opportunity behind the wheel like no other.
– Wicklow Horse Riding in Ashford just a 10 minute drive from the hotel
– Guided Hill Walking in the WIcklow Mountains with our guide Beatrice Lasserre, an amazing experience with packed lunches available from the hotel -http://balades-wicklow-irlande.eu/
– A range of Golf Courses to choose from on the Coast Line and in land to give you choice and different maturities
– The Wicklow Gardens, we can give you a list of amazing gardens to visit while with us that will give you colour, design and different blooms to appreciate.
More Wicklow Tour Packages coming soon. To view our Great Value Wicklow Hotel Breaks click here.
The Grand Hotel is the perfect base for a Wicklow Hotel Break!
Wicklow is a walker’s paradise; long sandy beaches, rolling green fields, thousands of miles of forest tracks, open moor-land and wild mountains – Wicklow has it all, including the oldest way-marked way in Ireland: The Wicklow Way
Glendalough Equestrian Centre is located in the spectacular setting of the Glendalough Estate, former home of Irish President Erskine Childers, with over 1000 acres of mature woodlands, the Avonmore River and Scar Mountain to explore. Trekking, lessons, and livery are available with advance booking essential.
Location: Annamoe, 25 min. drive from Grand Hotel Wicklow
Go sea angling at Brittas Bay in summer and net yourself bass and dog fish or codling and whiting in winter. For fly-fishing, pop up to Annamoe Trout Fisheries 4 acre lake set on the banks of the Avonmore River. (Rod hire and bait available)
Location: 20 min. drive from Grand Hotel Wicklow
Go Sea Fishing with Wicklow Boat Charters experienced angler/skipper, catch Dogfish, Ray, Bullhuss, Tope, Smooth-Hound, whiting, mackerel and many more species. Suitable for everyone from beginners to avid anglers, tea/coffee & toilet facilities onboard.
(Rod hire and bait available on request)
Location: Wicklow Harbour
The very best of fresh local produce and original crafts are on display at a host of country markets around the county:
Brockagh Resource Centre, Laragh: Every second Sunday 11am – 6pm
The Village Hall, Roundwood: Every Sunday, March – December 2pm – 5pm
Ashford House Car-park, Ashford: Every Saturday, 11am – 3pm
Macreddin Village : First Sunday in every month, March – October
Newcastle Community Centre: Every Saturday 10.30am – 12.30pm
For more information go to http://www.visitwicklow.ie